When it comes to selling textbooks, there are plenty of options.
We made a whole guide on how to sell books & textbooks online.
And one of those options is Chegg.
You can sell textbooks on Chegg, and GoTextbooks will pay you when they get your package.
But who is GoTextbooks? Do you sell books to Chegg or GoTextbooks? What kind of books can you sell on Chegg?
These are all relevant questions. This guide will show you how to sell textbooks on Chegg and all the necessary information you need.
With that said, let’s begin.
What is Chegg?
For students, Chegg is a game-changer in educational technology. And that’s because the company provides digital and physical textbook rentals and a wide variety of other helpful resources.
Homework assistance, online tutoring, and scholarship and internship search engines are just some of the many services offered by Chegg to students.
Chegg is also one of the most reliable sources to sell textbooks online. They are one of the oldest and most reputable companies that deal in used textbooks. And they’ve been in the business for close to 15 years.
So it’s an excellent option to buy or sell books with Chegg.
Sell Textbooks to Chegg: What Kinds of Books Can You Sell?
Chegg has fewer limitations on what books you can sell than other platforms. For example, you can sell various textbooks, from math and science to engineering and economics. You can sell textbooks like
- MyMathLab: Student Access Kit (4th Edition),
- Thermodynamics: An Engineering Approach (9th Edition), and
- Fundamentals of Nursing: The Art and Science of Person-Centered Care (9th Edition)
Can I Sell College Textbooks on Chegg?
Yes. You can sell textbooks to Chegg. However, you’ll be redirected to GoTextbooks, a different selling platform, to sell your college books. Don’t worry; selling on GoTextbooks doesn’t limit your selling experience.
The platform has simple steps to make your bookselling process hassle-free.
6 Steps of Selling Books on Chegg
Here are the quick steps to sell books with Chegg:
- First, visit Chegg.com, hover on “Books,” and click “Sell.” However, if you’re using a mobile device, click on the horizontal three-dot menu or the hamburger icon, click on the arrow beside “Books,” and tap on sell.
Alternatively, you can sell textbooks on Chegg using this link: https://www.chegg.com/sell-textbooks.
- Click on “Get Started.” That will redirect you to GoTextbooks.
- Enter your textbook’s ISBN into the GoTextbook’s search field. If you’re selling multiple books, enter all the ISBNs and separate them by a comma. For example, 9780321625922, 9780134746968.
Related: How to Sell Books by ISBN for Profit
- Click “Continue” and “Sell these books” on the “Sellback Summary.” You’ll be prompted to create an account if you don’t have one, which only takes a few seconds. After, click on “sell these books.”
- Fill in all the necessary details about your preferred payment methods, whether PayPal or Check. Then, confirm your order by clicking on “Confirm books.”
- Print out your shipping label and ship your textbooks to GoTextbooks. The company will credit your account when they get your package. However, make sure you package the books properly to avoid damage on their way to the company.
Related: How to Ship a Textbook.
Pro Tip: You may get this message when you enter an ISBN, “Sorry, ISBN(s) (the book’s ISBN) is not available in our system or we are no currently buying it back. Please double check if the ISBN is correct.”
When you get this message and the ISBN is correct, it means GoTextbooks isn’t accepting the books at that specific time. So you can try to sell those books using their affiliate partner Valorebooks or sell it on BookDeal.
9 Tips for Selling Books & Textbooks on Chegg
You need to meet certain guidelines and tips you need to know to make successful sales on Chegg. These rules are easy to follow and ensure you get the best book value. It also ensures that your textbooks don’t get rejected.
Let’s go through them.
- You must drop off your textbooks at any UPS ground location for shipping.
- You’ll receive an email notification when your textbooks get delivered. Once your order has been reviewed and either accepted or declined, you’ll receive a second email with the finalized details.
- It takes about four to 14 days for your package to reach GoTextbooks. If you can’t track your order, contact a customer service rep to find out more.
- Each order placed with GoTextbooks is given its unique set of packing slips and prepaid shipping labels. You can also print your shipping materials from your account page found in your email.
- The label will become invalid if you don’t send the package within seven days of the order being created. If the time expires, you’ll have to create a new quote to get a new label.
- GoTextbooks accepts only good-quality textbooks. That means they don’t accept books that are damaged, ripped, or have missing ISBNs.
- When you sell your books to GoTextbooks, you complete the purchase order. So, any rental materials sent with a sell-back request won’t be accepted. Contact the customer service staff to have your rented book returned if you accidentally sell it.
- You can use a single ISBN to sell up to five copies of the same book. But you’ll have to contact the company’s support team to know how to proceed.
- You can also sell loose-leaf textbooks. However, you’ll need to include the barcode and copyright page from the original publisher before you can sell. These are usually found on the front and back pages of loose-leaf books.
It’s easy to sell textbooks on Chegg. However, remember that anything related to textbooks gets redirected to GoTextbooks. That means if you have any questions about selling textbooks, Chegg will direct you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll instantly get an automatic response when you send an email. But it takes a few hours to get an actual response from the GoTextbooks team.
Finally, you’ll need to remove any stickers, labels, or other objects from your books’ outside and inside covers. GoTextbooks is interested in purchasing your books for their physical condition and resale value only.
So you have to remove certain information from them as well. This includes things like library markings, underlining of texts, etc.