Please read the following guidelines for book condition evaluation.
NEW – New books have never been used. Therefore, the book must be clear of writing, markings, and damage. Cover must be free of stickers and its clean all around. If the book is loose-leaf, the original shrink-wrap must be intact. Supplementary materials must be included, unopened, and unused (access codes, DVDs, etc.)
USED-VERYGOOD - Cover must be clean and free of stickers. Additionally, corners are not damaged or bend. Pages are clean and free of writing or highlighting. All pages must be included and attached to the binding. Supplementary materials must be included (DVS, CDs, Online Access, etc)
GOOD - All pages and covers are intact to the binding. Limited notes and highlighting (no more than 5 pages). All text must be legible. Cover has minor cosmetic defect. No water damage. No big stickers, “USED” sticker is okay. Supplementary materials must be included (DVS, CDs, Online Access, etc)
ACCEPTABLE - Books must not have any water damage. All pages are included. The cover may have noticeable cosmetic wear with slightly damaged corners. Limited notes and highlighting (no more than 10 pages). Acceptable books have no odor, no big stickers or tape. Acceptable items still require the supplement materials such as DVDs and CDs.
UNACCEPTABLE - Please don’t send the following Books: Books that have missing pages, broken binding or water damaged. Any type of water damage is considered unacceptable. Books with odor such as cigarette smell, custom books, mold, or damaged books. Practice books with writing in more than 5 pages are considered unacceptable.
Items we do not accept:
1. ISBNs that are different than the one quoted
2. Rebound books
3. Custom editions for specific college or area
4. Used, opened, visible, or scratched access codes
5. Incomplete sets (e.g. volume 1 of 2-volume set)
6. Items without any ISBN – even if you can cross reference and find the ISBN for the book on third party sites like Amazon
7. Any markings on workbooks and study guides
8. Textbooks with practice tests that are filled out
9. Excessive highlighting or markings in more than 10 pages
10. ANY water damage: wrinkled, curled pages; yellowing or stains, mold, color change
11. Ripped, missing, or falling out pages or cover
12. Heavy wear, e.g. damaged or detached binding, torn pages or cover
a. Cover damage greater than 2” x 2” section
b. Stuck-together pages.
13. Counterfeit books
14. Encyclopedia sets, magazines, music books, comic books, non-book items
15. Pornography or otherwise offensive or explicit materials
16. Repaired or rebound books
17. Dated Materials/Books, Calendars, Daily Planners, Dated Diaries/Journals/Code Guides
18. “Free Copy”, “Annotated Instructors Edition”, "Complimentary Book”, and "Rental Edition"
19. Special edition books are not acceptable.